Alea Jacta est: Verification of probabilistic,
real-time and parametric systems
PhD thesis, April 2002
- I wrote my thesis as a PhD student in the group of
technical applications (ITA),
University of Nijmegen,
- Thesis supervisor:
- Reading committee:
Christel Baier, Marta Kwiatkowska,
Joost-Pieter Katoen, Nancy Lynch, Roberto Segala.
- Promotion committee: reading committee plus
Sjoerd Wendelaar Bonga (chair), Frits
Henk Barendregt, Joost-Pieter Katoen, Wan Fokkink.
- I still have some hard copies left,
which I can send upon request.
- Bibtex reference
If you're curious how a Dutch defense proceeds, mine was as follows.
- I defended my thesis on Monday, April 22, 2002 at 15:30.
- Paranimfen: Martijn Oostdijk and Barbara Breimer (rightmost on the
- In the picture you see the
promotion committee, from left to right:
Sjoerd Wendelaar Bonga, Frits
Vaandrager, Nancy Lynch, Roberto Segala, Marta Kwiatkowska,
Christel Baier, Wan Fokkink, Joost-Pieter Katoen, Henk Barendregt.
- After an hour of questions, the Pedel came in, saying
meaning that the defence was over. Then Frits gave me my diploma.
- There was a reception at the university and a party at